A Moments Peace: simple meditation techniques for children.
A Moment's Peace is a simple programme developed for children and their teachers in the schoolroom enviroment at primary school level. It involves simple meditation techniques that are easily adopted by children who in general have a very natural ability to remain quiet and calm for a few moments and to concentrate deeply in those moments.
This free community service programme involves our instructor coming to schools for a short period – more than once if needed – and working with the teacher/s involved in the project to tailor exercises that suit the needs of the classroom or school that is involved. The aim is to help the teachers and children become familiar with the concept and exercises so that they can replicate the moments of peace themselves each day.
Meditation is essentially a universal practice, like music, that can be used by people of all religions and cultures. Here are some of the benefits.
- Gained confidence in the form of a stronger sense of self-worth, self-identity and self-acceptance.
- Higher levels of optimism and positive emotions with reduced anxiety, stress and depression.
- Happy children tend to take more interest in their own health and well-being.
- Increased empathy for others and pro-social behaviours such as sharing and caring.
- Decreased tendencies toward anti-social behaviour like anger, bullying and self-indulgence.
- Calmness, happiness and clarity increases focus, learning abilities and creativity.
- All of these factors generally make a teacher's life more satisfying and peaceful.
A moment's peace
Can and shall save the world.
For more information, kindly contact us »